Monday, May 19, 2008

Musik Mundi: Carly Comando

During the Rockets playoffs this year, I was forced to watch several of the games with bf and friends. It was in these moments that I stumbled upon one of the best piano pieces that I have heard in quite some time. There was this song that started playing in a commercial promoting the 2007-2008 NBA season that ended with "Where Amazing Happens". But lets forget about basketball because the SONG is what is truly AMAZING! It is just the most beautiful thing. Every single time that commercial came on, I would shush everyone up so that I could fall in a deep trance to the music. In that 15-30 seconds, I was transformed into one of those super nerdy musician/maestro type whose body is seemingly possessed by the music that consumes them. Honestly, if the room wasn't filled with people, I would have literally closed my eyes and swayed along with the music. I love this song so much that it's my ringtone! I've never ever uploaded anything onto my phone before.

The piece is called Everyday by Carly Comando. Upon looking up info on the song, I learned that it was also used in this short film by Noah Kalina. Noah has taken a photo of himself in an identical pose every single day for the last six years! The short film features a rapid fire sequence of all the photos that he has accumulated to the theme of Everyday. How frick frackin' cool is that?!? Can YOU guess what I'll be doing from this day on?!?




*photo courtesy of amazon.com*


Carly Comando
Song: Everday (2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yoo... mraz' album is pretty good. i still like his first album and his demo album the best but this one has a crazy chill vibe to it. he's kinda returning to his acoustic routes on it kinda like john mayer has gone back to blues-y type stuff. i didn't like it at first but the more you listen to it, the better it gets. like wine.

man great pics of miami. when i went, i was trying to salvage the pics i took. you make it look great. i'll have to try miami again.

mos def gotta meet up and photoshoot. haha i'll talk to the duo and see whats up.

Anonymous said...

I just heard the song watching an episode of the Simpsons (it's something about Homer having a flash back).
I just have to admit, altough I listen to Metal an Rock, I just love the music of this vid... aaaaargh...