I love to karaoke. It was prolly one of the things I was looking foward to doing on the cruise since I haven't been in close proximity to a mic for quite some time now. The ship offered karaoke pretty much almost every night but we didn't get a chance to check it out until the very last night of our wonderful vacation. I was the first one to turn in my song. I always sing Like A Prayer. So I'm waiting for them to call out my name. I'm fidgety and a bit nervous. One of the hosts gets out there and starts talking about how he met a European guest there that shared this great story with him and he just had to call her out onto the stage. I had no idea what was going on. All I know is that he handed her the mic. She said a few words to him. I almost thot that I saw her mouth form the word 'prayer' but I took nothing of it. And then it happend. As I was tapping my feet on the floor in quick staccato fashion, the opening notes of MY song started playing. I was confused at first, thinking that they were playing the wrong song for her but then the stoopid European lady start singing MY song! *shakes fist* Bloody hell man! I was crestfallen and it showed from my head to my toes. I tried to submit my runner-up song, Foolish Games by Jewel, but alas, it was too late. Karaoke time only lasted another hour or so and there were already a bajillion requests. Boo! I hate you! So in honor of the song that never was ... I give you Like A Prayer.
*photo courtesy of amazon.com*
Madonna
Album: The Immaculate Collection (1990)
Song: Like A Prayer
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment