1300 Ocean Dr
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Two Miamians recommended Oriente when we asked for a good Cuban restaurant. Doesn't sound very Cuban does it. Oriente is the Cardozo Hotel restaurant and it was opened by Gloria Estefan. The food there is supposed to be Cuban-Asian fusion type of fare. It was very trendy and a bit pricier than we would have liked. Everything in frick frackin' Miami is a lot more expensive than anything and everything in Houston. I think we all had some sort of sandwich. The food wasn't as Cuban as we would have liked it but I think we already knew that going in. We tried another Cuban restaurant a few nights later that also did not satisfy our palate for Cuban cuisine. What the heezy?!? At least we get to say we tried out mami Estefan's money maker.
So what exactly is Cuban-Asian fusion? It's calamari with a Chinese to go container and chopsticks as garnish.
Home chick here stopped by our table asking if we wanted to buy some Cubans. Uh yeah. But not at the risk of getting into some federal trouble.
And then we saw this crazy guy riding by. Because there's no way to say this without sounding gross, I'm just going to go ahead and say it. He let me pet his snake and then asked for some money. Man! I'm cringing as I'm writing this. But c'mon! The guy is holding an actual snake!
Tribute to the hostess with the mostess.
The coolest looking restroom evar!



















2 comments:
i dont get it..so u were in miami and the cruise? or did u stay in miami a few days more before departing for the cruise or after coming back?
We stayed in Miami the night before the cruise ... just one night ... which was perfect because i'm not sure we could've afford another night ...
Post a Comment