Saturday, July 12, 2008

Placenter: Lot 8 Salon

2372 Rice Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005

Every other month, I get the same thing over and over and over again from the bf. His hair is getting long and he can't decide if he wants to cut it or let it grow long. He doesn't know where he should go cos he has yet to find a place that he is happy with. So finally I told him to try Souki from Lot 8 Salon since we just ran into her and Christine at the happy hour thing the week before. He agreed and I made the appointment for him. I was hoping to set up an appointment for myself as well but Christine was on vacation and I decided to just wait. Christine and Souki are both really awesome and the results speak for themselves. When my mom butchered my bangs a few months ago, I sought solace at this salon. Christine managed to fix my bangs, give me a super thorough cut and made me look a lot better than I normally do. Well, my hair did anyways. As for the bf, since he's a dude and all, it's really hard to be able to really do anything so crazy since his hair is short and he also has his job to consider. Gotta look professional! But Christine and Souki both really took their time to detail every single strand of hair. Of course, the set back is that it's not cheap and the haircut will set you back about $40 and up. Mine was about 40 something. And the shocker is that the bf's was also about 40 something or so. That's insane cos my hair is mos def 10X longer than his is. Each stylist charges their own fee but the good thing is that the price includes consultation, shampoo, cut, and style. Some places charge much less for the cut but will charge extra for a shampoo and to style. I've walked out of a few salons before with wet and stringy hair cos I didn't believe I should have to pay extra for someone to fix my hair. So in any case, here are a few fotos of the salon along with the bf getting his hardy-har-cut.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have put up before/after pictures. yeah, I just go to cheap ass places. Last time I went to TGI Haircutters and it was like $15. Doesn't really matter to me, till I wanna get bangs again. I liked them but I felt like they were too much work, so I'm growing them out. I cut my own bangs during Christmas time and actually it was quite cute when I did it. I got lots of compliments. haha.