2390 W Alabama St
Houston, TX 77098
Is this great metropolitan city so small that coincidences frequently happen? Off topic. I love the word coincidence. It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine is editing this woman's (Rava) book and they're in the elevator talking about how this statue thing that Elaine thinks Rava's bf stole.
ELAINE: Well, I mean, he was in the apartment, and then it’s gone and it’s in your apartment.
RAVA: Maybe you think we’re in cahoots.
ELAINE: No, no. But it is quite a coincidence.
RAVA: Yes, that’s all: a coincidence!
ELAINE: A big coincidence.
RAVA: Not a big coincidence. A coincidence!
ELAINE: No, that’s a big coincidence.
RAVA: That’s what a coincidence is! There are no small coincidences and big coincidences!
ELAINE: No, there are degrees of coincidences.
RAVA: No, there are only coincidences! Ask anyone!
(Enraged, she poses the question to everyone in the elevator.)
RAVA: Are there big coincidences and small coincidences, or just coincidences? Well?! Well?!
Well there you have it. The reason why I like the word coincidence. And wouldn't it be such a funny co-ink-a-dink if I happen to see that very same episode tonight in my nightly rotation of re-runs. Don't worry. I'll update on the verdict.
So back to Aka Sushi. My friend texted me three weeks ago and said she saw another one of my friends eating at the same place that she was at which was Aka. I had no idea at the time what or where that was. Then two weeks ago, this other friend asks if I wanted to meet her up for happy hour with some other folks and I was totally down for it. Where were we going? Aka Sushi! Aka is haunting me I swear!!! And it doesn't end there. The happy hour also ended being this Anniversary thing for Lot 8 Salon. I get my haircut with Christine, a co-owner of the salon, and so that was cool running into her like that. So there goes my story of semi-coincidences. As for the food, I highly suggest taking advantage of Aka's happy hour menu. Not bad at all!
That's Christine in the middle. She did a fabulous job on my hair and I loved it! She's also the sister of Chloe Dao, winner of Project Runway Season 2.
This is Souki. It was her birthday that day. Her bf co-owns the salon along with Christine. She also cuts hair and does really well with men's hair.









2 comments:
Hey! your friend is ME!
I also agree with Elaine. I believe in degrees of coinky dinks. lol
Post a Comment