Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Restaurant: Boiling Crab

8300 W Sam Houston Pkwy
Houston, TX 77072

Come crawfish season, big poppa and I become regulars at The Boiling Crab. I don't eat crawfish but I must say that I'm around crawfish enough to know if it's good or not just by looking at it. Hah! And the crawfish here look really good, although a bit on the pricier side. I think it's $5.99/lb? Yikes! They have three flavors: rajun cajun, lemon pepper and garlic butter. You can choose one or do the whole 'sha-bang' which is all three. I always order the fried shrimp basket. The shrimp is really good and they give you a lot. But holy crappers, the star of the basket is mos def those cajun fries. I love my fries crispy and crunchy and these fries really hit the spot. Most people will tell their friends to come here for the crawfish. I tell people to come here for the fries. I gave up fries for lent and right after Easter hits, you can find me at The Boiling Crab with a heaping mound of cajun fries. I also get one or two corn on the cobs drenched in butter. I know. So BAD but so GUT! The only bad things I can come up with is that they charge for some of their condiments like mayo and garlic butter. Socks! And there is almost always a wait during crawfish season. They have a handful of locations in California and two in Texas. One is in Houston and I think they just opened one in Dallas not too long ago. Man. I am craving those darn french fries BIG TIME. And I'm pretty sure once big poppa reads this entry he's gonna want some crawfish! Oh yeah. The wings are pretty good too. Below are fotos from two different occasions.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Us wearing our bibs. Big poppa wore his backwards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Pristine table before we started eating.

Photobucket


The messy aftermath.

Photobucket

No comments: