10505 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
Even though I'm not a steak eater, I've been to Taste of Texas several times already. Usually, it's to celebrate somebody's something and this last time was no different. My parents took us kids all out to eat for my youngest sistar's birthday. My sistar likes steak, but my dad loves it even more and so he technically made the decision on where we went. And I'm sure big poppa didn't mind much at all either. Free steak! So it was good to spend some time with the fam. We were loud and pretty ethnic up in that place. My mom took 50% of the bread available at the salad bar and brought it to our table. I already knew where that was going. So I warned our waiter that my ma was gonna get all ghetto and take all that bread to-go. Hah! And that she did! And that is wear I get my ghetto-fobulousness from. We had a pretty cool waiter though and he didn't seem to care. That's how it should be! As for the food, I don't think I've had anything there that I actually liked. Maybe their salad bar and bread? But then again, I don't eat steaks. Big poppa thinks their steak is really good. I forgot exactly what cut he ordered but whatever it was, it was gross. Medium-rare. More rare than medium. Maybe it was just rare, cos it looked SUPER rare. It was gross. Blech.
This area featured all their awards and photos of famous and political figures that have visited their restaurant. There was one picture in particular of this ex-Taiwanese president that a worker mistakened as the Chinese president. My mom quickly corrected him and told him that he used to be the president of Taiwan but he was convicted of some dirty money business and is now currently in prison. Yikes!
That better not be a real bear!
My ma and pa ... in their crocs ... attacking the salad bar. I got them crocs for Christmas one year and now it's the only thing they ever wear. Like. EVER.
They give diners the option to go choose their own priece of meat. Ugh. Seriously?
My sweet baby sistar.
Big poppa's steak. I'm not sure it's even dead yet.
Dessert. Yums!
We jump for joy!
The fobbingly regal family pic.
Mama and her little women. We're so short!






















No comments:
Post a Comment