A couple of weeks ago, big poppa and I went to the Japanese Festival that was held over at Herman Park. Mochi and her fam joined us on this over-bearingly hot and humid day. The Japan festival is one of the few remaining festivals that is still held in this area due to the fact it only makes sense that they have the Japan fest right next to the Japanese Gardens! The fest is FREE! Yay to that! And we stayed long enough just to check things out, grab a bite and take some pictures. I love everything about the Japanese. The style, the traditional garments, the food and all the cute stuff they come up with! I really wanted to get a yukata for myself but the prices were a but ridic. So now I really want to visit Japan! Hopefully the yukatas are a lot cheaper there so I can buy one and walk all around Japan with it on. They're so pretty!
I remember my mom taking me to ride the train all the time when I was a kid.
Dancing ladies.
Girl and her pretty yukata.
Food!
Yummy snow cone. They jipped us on syrup!
Japanese cowgirl and cowboy.
Can you find domo?
Costumes.
This is just so wrong. Times are tough! Esp for aging anime characters.
Little mixed kids are so darn cute! Esp when it's Asian with White. And you all know it!
Cute doggies!
The Japanese Garden.
There was a karaoke contest. If I had known, I mos def would have done it! The black guy actually sang a Japanese song and it was not bad at all! The dude wearing black was the gong master and gonged people if they sucked.
This lady here was NOT good at all. She had a very high pitch warble.
This is big poppa cracking up at her singing. I know. Mean huh?!?































































No comments:
Post a Comment