I think my favo Madge album of all time is her Ray of Light album. So many good songs! This is also when I liked her the most. She was rockin' that geisha look with the dark straight hair. I think she also had some of that henna-bindi body art. Her Drowned World Tour was also the first time I really wanted to go see her do her thang on stage. But I didn't. Cos I was poor. I think it was from this point that she slowly began to lose momentum and decided to not embrace the music style that I think she does best, and that's up beat dance music. Music? She had some good stuff on that album. American Life? Blah. Confessions on a Dance Floor? Blaher. Hard Candy? Even more blah. When her song Frozen came out, it was already really popular in Europe. One of the best memories I have of that song is at this discotheque in Venice. The club was HUUUUGE and it was packed with Europeans all wanting to have a good time. My group was right smack dab in the middle of the huge crowd. There were these huge screens that wrapped around the club. Frozen came on and it hyped everyone up! Europeans love them some dance music. What made it that much better was that her video was playing on the screen at the same time and it's just a gorgeous video. I think they also played Ray of Light in similar fashion. AH! Such a great album. Have I mentioned that already?!?
*photo courtesy of amazon.com*
Madonna
Album: Ray of Light (1998)
Song: Frozen
Song: Nothing Really Matters
Song: Ray of Light
Song: Sky Fits Heaven
Song: The Power of Goodbye
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment