Monday, November 28, 2011

Musik Mundi: Alanis Morissette

Alanis Morissette
Album: Collection (2005)
Song: Crazy

This song is a Alanis Morissette's cover of Seal's Crazy. And i think it sounds great. But i love alanis so she's got a lower bar than other artists who attempt covers. As i've mentioned before, her jagged little pill was the very first american album i ever bought and that was in middle school. Prior to that, i mostly listened to hong kong pop music and never even bothered with the radio. Man i loved that album. I drove my mom crazy listening to it in the car. So much so that i had to listen to it on my discman with my headphones while in the car. At the middle school that I went to, on valentine's day, my honor society's organization would sell singing valentine's. Everyone would group off, select and rehearse a song, and then anyone from the student body could pay for us to go sing to whomever. My friends and I chose Head Over Feet from that album. Okay you could prolly safely say that i chose that song. Well, no one at my school really knew the song so we really didn't get picked all that much. We maybe sang twice and that was because my homeroom teacher paid for one of them. I think the group who picked Mariah Carey's Fantasy had the most singing valentine's. Ugh. Not a fan.

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*

No comments: