Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trippin': Washington D.C. - FDR Memorial

I'm feeling kinda under the weather today. It would have been nice to have been able to continue sleeping this morning since it was perfect gloomy sleep in weather. But there was work to be done before my week ends early. Like in today early. I wish i could think about relaxing but i've got a lot of things to prep for thanksgiving. Thankfully, the entire family isn't coming over. Haha. I've got my menu set and tomorrow will be grocery shopping galore. And my mind is so absorbed with mentally preparing myself for the next few days that instead of writing about the blog topic and i'm just spilling my current thots onto this post instead. I'm thinking this is gonna be a short day. FDR's memorial is huge! And why should i expect any less from the man who had the longest running term as president. I remember from school that he had the law changed just so he didn't have to be capped off at two terms. Politics and Government aren't particularly my strongest topics although i'm gradually becoming more interested in it. And i'm quite fascinated with FDR's presidency and life as i'm reading about it. My first memory of FDR was in the movie Annie, as in the orphan. Anyone else seen that movie? Now i want to find it and watch it again. Maybe i'll make everyone watch it for thanksgiving. Haha. Ironically, i was singing Tomorrow really loudly at home the other day and asked big poppa if he knew what i was singing. He didn't. And he had never heard of little orphan annie. Really?!? Bubble child. I can already picture us watching the movie and hearing him say what? hard knock life isn't jay z's song? Haha.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: