As i have already mentioned before, x-mas morning wasn't completely pleasant. I told myself that i would keep cool and and be calm and just get things done as smoothly as possible. We woke up late cos we had went out the night before to celebrate a friend's engagement. Even still, i kept my cool. Then big poppa tells me that our tiny little gas grill wasn't working cos he filled it with water to 'clean' it. Really?!? Ugh. Mind you, i had asked him nicely since thanksgiving on multiple occasions if he could clean it so he wouldn't have to waste time doing it on x-mas day. Per usual, in one ear and out the other. I got a lot of don't worry it won't take long to clean. Guys. He got it working after an hour. So all the meats were cooked and everybody was happy. This was the first year that big poppa and i didn't give each other christmas gifts. He buys me plenty through out the year and there isn't really one thing that i want. Actually, there a lot of things that i want but not important enough that i would ask him to buy it for me. I wanted to get him some new running shoes but i needed him to come with to pick it out and we just haven't had time to do that. We has SO MUCH FOOD! As it should be right? I made thit nuong cos my mom really likes it and she brought over some banh hoi and fried up some egg rolls. There were pork sliders, honey glazed chicken wings, regular fried chicken wings, nuoc man chicken wings, sticky rice with steamed chicken, garlic mashers, honey ham and some other stuff. My aunt also made some croissant bread pudding with a bourbon sauce for dessert. It had raisins in it. Blah. We played some bingo amongst the younger ones. And then some people took naps. We watched rio. Yeah. It was just really nice to have some chill time with the family even though they get on my nerves all the time. We had the six puppies over again. They are so bad. And they didn't seem to really like little jamie. And tino was really really bad. He had the crazy eyes like he was about to snap at any moment. He got into a little scuffle with poor neo. Let's just say that even though tino started it. Neo won. Tino ended up with a gash in his paw. I applied pressure to it for fifteen minutes, applied some neosporin and then locked his arse in my room cos he's such a BAD dog. He cried and cried to be let out. I said no. After an hour, gig poppa ended up letting him out. Weak sauce that boy is. You could tell he was a changed dog when he came back down to join us. He put on his happy face and laid peacefully on the couch. It was either play nice or get more isolation time. The isolation tactic works with tino. This year, i bought all my lady friends a reusable coffee collar. I haven't seen like half of them so i need to get on it and make some time to hang with them. I'm such a bad and lazy friend. I don't tend to make plans unless it's someone calling me to go do stuff cos sometimes it's just easier that way.
Three items that i always get for x-mas that i absolutely hate and would never ever get this as a gift for anyone that i know:
1. Boxed chocolates. Gross. I don't like surprise chocolates. I'd rather get a big bag of hugs or snickers. To me, this is a lazy and thoughtless gift.
2. Perfume/lotions gift packs. My aunt and cousin gets this for us every year. EVERY. YEAR. If it's the thought that counts, i would like to request them to stop thinking about me. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't bode well with just any type of lotions/body wash. And i only wear perfume on special occasions.
3. Fruit cake. I don't actually receive this but my parents do. Everybody knows that this is the biggest re-gifted item. Because NOBODY EATS THIS STUFF.
4 weeks ago






































No comments:
Post a Comment