Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Really?: Monkey Testing

OMGawd this is just so HORRIBLE! I stumbled upon this article about a Seattle area lab (Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories) with big roots in Japan that has been exposed with cruelty to the animals they use for testing purposes. It's a animal testing facility so how else are these animals being treated. It just saddens me so much that I have contributed to this practice. An hour ago, i was near tears while reading the article. I don't want to get into a long diatribe about this but i do want to encourage you to read the article, maybe sign a few petitions and also take a look at the two links at the bottom. These links are lists that comprise of products/companies that do and don't perform animal testing. Big companies pay big money to labs like the SNBL to conduct toxicity animal testing for agrochemicals, petrochemicals, household products, pharmaceuticals and toxins. The article goes into more detail about how these animal, MONKEYS are caged and forced fed chemicals. I'm so disappointed in myself. There are quite a few products that i use that are on the red list so i'm gonna need to go through it and find suitable substitutes from the good list. Baby steps right? The good list also has a list of dog food that doesn't involve CAGING dogs and testing them and cutting up pieces of them for testing. Ugh. We just need to all take a step in the right direction. And ladies, MAC and urban decay are on the good list. Yay! L'oreal is on the red list. Ugh. I need to go get a new tube of mascara.

Good List
Bad List

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

So totally wrong. Sigh.