Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh Really?: Houston Metrorail

Whenever I see, ride or even think about the Metrorail, I can't help but get so frustrated about how incredibly STUPID it was to develop that type of transportation system. Whoever engineered the Metrorail as well some of the freeways in Houston should be FIRED. If you're going to have a light rail system, it should be either UNDERGROUND or ABOVE GROUND. Not flowing with the rest of traffic and creating more traffic if you ask me. What is the point in having a light rail if it has to stop at red lights! These trains will sometimes get the right of way and traffic lights are sensored to give them the green light whenever they are coming. What that means is you have all these rail guards coming down where cars have to stop and wait for these ridiculous trains to come by. Not only that, they have a crossing located at a VERY busy interesection at a FREEWAY. That makes no sense at all! And now the city wants to make plans to extend the metrorail along Richmond also?!? STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! When you visit cities such as Chicago and New York City, you can't help but be impressed by how advanced their public transportation is. Their trains are built so that it doesn't interrupt normal automobile and pedestrian traffic. And since those trains have no need to stop at lights and what not, they pretty much zoom from one point to another, getting you to your destination in no time. In the mornings, I have the choice of either riding the rail or the shuttle bus, and I choose the bus because it will get me to my drop-off faster at least 70% of the time. Another retarded aspect about our metrorail is that it has been so poorly planned that there is no real way for the city to make sure that every passenger has purchased a proper riding pass. I don't want to complain too much about this since I tend to ride free sometimes cuz I'm just gutsy like that! Hah! But there are times where the creepiest of creeps are riding the rail and you just KNOW that they did not buy a pass. See, this whole thing is completely retarded. I just get so irritated, especially when I'm in my car having to wait for the stupid trains to pass. And sometimes the gaurd rails will come down twice in one setting because it just so happens that there's a train going in both directions. *alkdjfhadskjf!*



No comments: