1117 Missouri St
Houston, TX 77006
A few of my friends used to come here for lunch at least once a week when they went to the University just down the street. I've only been here once before but I actually could not remember my experience here. Normally that would signify a bad thing but now that I've come here again, I really like it! My besty came here so often that the manager recognizes her. It also goes beyond that though cuz the guy supposedly always gives her a free dessert too. She's a super likeable person so I'm not surprised. In any case, my bf and I really enjoyed our lunch time here. We actually intended on eating at another place (another of my fave haunts that I will be sure to get to in another entry) but they were closed for renovations. It all worked out well though because now I can add another good place to my list.
First of all, if good service is what you're looking for, then this is the place for you. The folks here are on top of EVERYTHING yet it wasn't overbearing to the point where conversation with your lunch partner is constantly interrupted. I had the penne and chicken while the bf had the chicken marsala and both dishes were $6.95 which I believe were their lunch prices. The serving size was very generous and the food was satisfying and palatable. To add to this raving review, they have complimentary bread like most italian restaurants do, but if you're an unhealthy nut like moi, then you will LOVE their free bread. They give you garlic bread that's loaded with butter and garlic flavor that I wanted to ask for more to take home with me. Or at least to munch on at work. I'm a PIG!
One thing that amused me was their choice of Christmas decorations. They had random things thrown around and it sort of reminded me of how the the holiday aisles look like at walmart after christmas has passed and everything's on clearance. In most cases, it would have been pretty tacky but I think that they actually made it worked. It had a homey and cozy feel to me. They also have a outdoor patio area where people can dine if they want to enjoy the gorgeous weather. I love eating outdoors but chose to sit inside so I could go crazy with the camera.
Can you find the bf in the last photo?









No comments:
Post a Comment