Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Restaurant: Cakeland Cafe

11803 Wilcrest Dr
Houston, TX 77031

When it comes to eating out, I'm a pretty picky person just because I don't eat a lot ot things but I can normally find something me-friendly at any restaurant I visit. I'm not a very harsh critic either. I'm pretty basic. Here's how I would rate restaurants:

1. The food is good and I would mos def come back.
2. The foods ok but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.
3. Yeah, I don't think I'll be coming back.

I'm not one to care about service and atmosphere ... if the foods good ... then i'll be there.

So a friend and I met up at Cakeland Cafe on Wilcrest and 59S. The place was pretty boring looks wise but they certainly had a good looking collection of cakes and other pastries. I had a turkey burger that wasn't remarkable. It satisfied me but I felt like it was one of those frozen patties. Chef Gordon would probably not have liked it. But I'm not picky in that sense. My friend had a chicken caesar pita and she was thoroughly pleased. The price wasn't bad either. It was about 7 bucks for each of those plates and it comes with a side of either a salad, soup or fries. I think their crown jewel is their bakery selection. They have cakes as well more cultural types of dessert and pastries that I'm not familiar with. I think the owners were either Greek or of Mediterranean descent. I would rate this a 2 on my scale but I would go back just to sample their dessert since I didn't do that while I was there.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The food didn't sound so good, but the pictures tell a different story! Looks like I would eat it.