Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trippin': Miami - Casa Casuarina

1116 Ocean Dr
Miami Beach, Fl 33139

When was the last time you heard the name Andrew Cunanan? For some reason, when I first found out that I would be stopping by Miami, one of the places that I wanted to check out was the mansion that once belonged to Gianni Versace. It's funny because his home is smack in the middle of such a touristy area. I guess the locals really knew how to give him his privacy. We had brekkie at this one place called News Cafe (super popular with the locals!) and Versace was supposedly a regular there. I wasn't sure I would recogize the infamous mansion but once you stumble upon the first sections of the property, you'll definitely know it! His famous Medusa symbol is built into the iron fence that surrounds what is now known as Casa Casuarina, an ultra exclusive invitation only, private members club. Whatever that is. Fancy! Fancy!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

haha i got a pic that patriotic dog too! can't believe it's still alive? poor thing is blind too.