The bf and I don't usually eat at sandwich places cos the bf doesn't like sandwiches. But when I suggested that we try Brown Bag Deli, uncharacteristically agreed. I think we're both pretty glad that we tried it out cos those sandwiches are DELISH! The bun/bread is the best part. It has this slight sweet taste to it and I believe that the bread/bun is the key to making a yummy sandwich. I ordered the chicken salad on wheat and the bf had the roast beef. I'm not a fan of celery so I was very happy that the chicken salad did not contain any of it. Unfortunately though, it did have celery seasoning/salt so you could taste a hint of the celery flavor but it wasn't too bad. As long as I don't have to nosh on the real thing. Bleh. Another favorite has got to be the fact they offer Dirty's Potato Chips. My absolute fave type of kettle cooked chips aside from Zapp's.
You fill out the order form that also acts as your to go bag.
Another must have? Their chocolate chip cookies with lots of chocolate chips. So yummy!
I noticed this note on the door of the store next door.









5 comments:
i had fun last nite! thanks for coming out lady. i like BB deli too..haha. remember the good ol' tanox days? sigh. i am in the midst of updating my blog..sorry for putting off. i know u are my one and only dedicated reader..lol.
always saw the brown bag by shepherd and westheimer. didn't know it's in relation to barnaby's. gotta try it now. i like food.
@antsylily:
Thursday night was super great. Thanks for calling me up on that. I'm thinking I might even be going back next year! Haha. Pics will be posted later this week.
@zoobz:
I was racking my brains trying to remember which other proprietor also owned BB Deli but nothing came up cos my brain is shizzle these days. Anyhow, it makes sense now why the darn choco chip cookies were so frackin' DELISH! Barnaby's. Pork Chops. French Fries. OH so gooood! I like food too. My doughy stomach is proof.
hahaha that sign was funny! That post it note. I've never been to Brown Bag Deli. Cute but I have no coupon there, so I won't be going. Gotta save money. I'm poor. hahaha
Post a Comment