Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday: Thanksgiving 2010

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Started off the long weekend with some happy hour with friends and then big poppa and I had to start prepping some of the dishes for the next day. Big poppa made mashed potatoes from scratch and I made this gourmet four cheese mac and cheese with white truffle oil. They both turned out pretty good but not super great even though everyone said it was really good. We both don't believe in measuring our ingredients and so it didn't turn out exactly the way we hoped. The mashers weren't as creamy and garlicky and my mac and cheese also wasn't as creamy and white truffly as I had hoped. I should have been more liberal with the white truffle oil but I didn't want it to be too over powering. The cheeses I chose were mozzarella (not fresh but from the bag), sharp white cheddar, gruyere and grana padano. I can understand now why restaurants charge so much for their gourmet mac's cos man, I spent a pretty penny on that mac and cheese. I also ran into the problem of not having enough milk cos I dumped all my cheeses into my batch without measuring it. I thought my arm was about to fall off from trying to continuously stir the cheese sauce that was super thick. Oh well. My next gourmet mac should be a lot better. I also marinated meats to make bun thit nuong, bun ga nuong, bun tom nuong and pork sliders. A lot of people complimented my thit nuong and pork sliders so I was very happy. I went ahead and picked up some boneless ham and turkey from Honey Baked Ham to make it more of a thanksgiving. I actually don't like the whole turkey and stuffing thing so I'll never bother trying to make it. I was only able to some pics of the masher and mac and cheese prep from the night before thanksgiving. I was just so exhausted after finishing up everything the next day that I took a shower and relaxed a bit while everyone else ate first. So much work and as usual, I over planned and made too much food. Per usual.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

look at you miss homemaker n0smoking! yumzzz..