Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Restaurant: Block 7 Wine Company

720 Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77007

Some din din time with friends and family. I consider big poppa's cousins my cousins too. I don't think they feel the same. Haha. So here we are at Block 7 Wine Company. Houston has many wine places that serve really good food and Block 7 is one of them. Although, it's no where as good as Max's Wine Dive. When I first got there, I was told that the wait would be forty-five minutes. So big poppa and I decided to peruse the retail side of the restaurant and as we were checking out some of the bottles of wine, a worker asked if there was something he could help direct us to and I immediately jokingly replied with, 'how about a table for ten?'. Haw haw haw. And to my surprise, he walked over and offered to set up a table in their back room that was completely separate from the main dining room. After reassuring us that it was absolutely okay and that the servers don't mind cos they want more tips anyways, I happily agreed and our forty-five wait turned into a ten minute wait. Yayers! The food was awesome and the company was even better. Several people ordered some specials that they had so I don't remember exactly what they had. Several of us liked it enough to go and purchase some restaurant.com gc's cos we fo sho going back!

Food in order of appearance:
truffle popcorn - italian black truffle salt
edamame - himalayan pink salt
croque monsieur - country ham, raclette, béchamel, local brioche with b7 frites that comes with housemade aioli and housemade ketchup
fish of the day
another fish of the day?
marinated duck breast - a grilled Maple Leaf duck breast, cous cous salad with ham and Caribbean salsa
airline chicken - roasted and served with fettuccini in a light herb butter and sautéed seasonal vegetables
marinated duck breast - a grilled Maple Leaf duck breast, hash browns



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: