Friday, November 12, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Rennaisance Blackstone

636 South Michigan Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60605

Big poppa and I got an okay deal for the Rennaisance Blackstone by Marriott through priceline. I had a pretty good experience here and would stay again if the price was right. Their business center for guests didn't charge for printing so that is a BIG plus in my book. The bell boys and valet folks were super friendly and hustled and whistled to get us a cab when we needed it. My only complaint was that the areas right outside and inside of our room had tiling on the floor instead of carpet so noise traveled and bounced around instead of being absorbed. There was a Starbuck's right inside of our hotel and oddly enough I didn't go there one time. Big poppa, who was getting over a cold got tea from there a couple of times though. When I travel, I prefer to go to coffee places that are local to that city. I always try to schedule in some cafe time, even means just sitting around inside of one for fifteen minutes. Which reminds me, I've got to go pick up another coffee scented candle STAT! There was one floor of the hotel that was called the Art Hall. Here, they have paintings set up on walls almost like a mini art gallery. So cool! I promised big poppa that this trip would be less walking and more relaxing but that's never the case. Even though he was sick, he wanted to make sure I got to see everything that I had wanted to see. Aww. Such a sweet boy.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: