Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Restaurant: BRC Gastropub

519 Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77007

For Deebo's bday, big poppa and I got the usual group together for some dinner at BRC Gastropub. BRC stands for big red c*ck. Ugh. I can't help but want to roll my eyes at the name for some reason. I dunno. Trying to hard? Too gimmicky of a name? The dining area inside is small so it's prolly not a good place for big groups. The first time I called to make reservations, I was denied because the only two large tables they had were already booked. I decided to try my luck again and called the next morning. A different person answered the phone and took my reservation with my original request. I beat the system! Haha. The food was okay. It's like heavy American fare. I had eaten a bit before I came and decided to only get their mac and cheese of the day, which was blue cheese based. I normally don't mind blue cheese but OMGaud this was majorly over-powering. I couldn't really eat it. This drunk group of folks next to us seemed to really like it though and declared it the best mac and cheese ever. I ... don't think so buddy. Overall, no one in the group was overly excited about anything they had ordered. I can't really say though if it was the food or their lack of emotion in general about anything. Robots I swear. I have two complaints about the restaurant. It is just way too dark in this place. You can't see anything! I hate places that are so freaking dark inside that you can't visually appreciate all the details in your food. I'm guessing this helps to keep down complaints of finding insects and hair in the food. The second complaint is the unisex bathroom. Seriously? I'm over that whole idea. I don't like coming out of a stall and having to see some dood at the sink. It's just WEIRD!


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: