Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Restaurant: Brennan's

3300 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006

For Mochi's birthday, we gathered at Brennan's for a little birthday brunch. According to some reviews that I quickly perused through, the turtle soup was one of their signatures as well as the banana fosters. I mulled it over for awhile about whether or not I should get the turtle soup. I mean poor little turtles! But even after someone at the table proclaimed that it's bad luck to eat turtles, I ordered it anyways. Big poppa gave me a look of disappointment. I didn't understand why Brennan's would market this as their 'signature' soup. It had this thick consistency that's reminiscent of a sauce where too much cornstarch was used. So what does turtle taste like? I dunno, like chicken? It was just a highly unremarkable soup. Several people chose the crab corn bisque and that was really good. That should have been their signature soup over the turtle soup. As for the banana fosters, I don't really care for bananas and that whole flambe table side business is just over the top for me. As our waiter flambeed some banana fosters for a few people in our group, I asked him if he ever just groaned out loud like, ugh seriously ... can't you just order the cheesecake or something? Haha. I know I would be tired flambeing that crap all day long. As beautiful as the restaurant was, I'm not sure it's my preference of food taste wise. I ordered something with pork tenderloin, quail egg sunny side up and some mustard greens. It was okay and a bit much for the first meal of the day. What was I thinking? I should have stuck with eggs benedict. I think everyone else liked what they had but I'm to lazy to read up on what I think they got. But it all looked a lot better than mine!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

LOL @ the guy saying "cant u order cheesecake or something"..HAHAHA!! I WAS thinking that too!!! i went to brennan's in NO and it was so yummy!! i didn't know there was one in houston til bill told me when we were there, but supposedly it's better in NO..i dunno and neither does bill as it was both our first time. i had eggs and salmon and bill had eggs benedict..both so yummy! we also had the gumbo..double yummy! and of course we had banana fosters..i liked..but nothing spectacular..i also took pics/video but i'm so lazy to post like u. ugh. i need to get crackin on posting bc i'm taking pics for no reason it seems!