Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Crisp

2940 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657

OMGaud I want some fried chicken. NOW! Every time I look at the picture of the fried chicken that we had at Crisp in Chicago, I just start drooling and I'm tempted to book a plane ticket to Chicago STAT. Korean fried chicken is now the first thing some of us look for when traveling to another city. Chacco mentioned that she had looked this one up and after checking out the website and the menu, I knew that it was a must even though it was twenty minutes north of downtown Chicago. So worth it! I ordered the original and the Seoul Sassy fried chicken and that Seoul Sassy was fracking GOOD! It's a subtly sweet sauce prepared with ginger, soy, garlic and other select spices. After staring at the picture of the fried chicken for about five minutes, I showed the picture to big poppa and the first thing out of his mouth was I'm still pissed! Oops. I had totally forgotten that at the time, big poppa had this cold and a super sore throat so although he could taste how good it was, it hurt to eat anything solid and so he simply sat there and grumpily stared at us while we noshed away. I felt so bad! But I also was mad at myself for not being hungrier. We had a lot of chicken left over and no fridge. What a waste. Bah!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: