Monday, January 26, 2009

Musik Mundi: Aimee Mann

What I need more of are those weekends where I get to wake up with no agenda, no lists of anything. Nothing. I'll get to pop in a CD with some soft rock indie music and then just roam around my room aimlessly. Maybe clean it up. Stumble upon things that I thought I had lost. Be pleasantly surprised by things I didn't even know I had. My room IS that messy. Hah! But that would be something when I want a nothing kinda day. The perfect soundtrack to that day would be some Aimee Mann. I find some of her songs to be really chill out and relaxing. To me a great artist means being able to play an instrument and write your own songs. But something even more important is the ability to be an awesome live singer/performer. Look at Celine Dion. She doesn't meet the first and second criteria but because her voice is just frackin' greatness, I can look past everything else. Anyhow, I blabber this cos Aimee does this very pretty LIVE cover of Cold Play's The Scientist. I'm not a big fan of Cold Play. I'm not even sure if Cold Play is one or two words. I think it's one. But two words look better. I liked their stuff during era of The Scientist. I'm just not feeling their last two albums. Sounds like forced product or something. But Yah. Listen man, to Aimee Mann.

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*


Aimee Mann
Album: Lost In Space (2002)
Song: High On Sunday 51
Song: Invisible Ink
Song: Lost In Space
Song: The Moth
Song: The Scientist (Cover)

No comments: