3191 W Holcombe Blvd
Houston, TX 77025
Pronto Cucinino is one of those restaurants that big poppa and I always drive and until one day we're like, let's try it out! So we go in with no expectations. Once inside, I learned that this place is also owned by the folks who own that trio of restaurants on W Dallas: Vincent's, Nino's and Grappino di Nino. Geez! How many ways can you do Italian? I've been to Vincent's and Nino's and they're not bad. My uncle used like going there so he would take me there on occasion when I was younger. Big poppa and I have been back several times and can tell you what we like and don't like so far. His favo Italian dish (whether it's authentic Italian, I don't know and I don't care) is the Chicken Marsala. His restaurant critique is based solely on how good the chicken marsala is. If it's yumz, then he restaurant is good. If it's not, then the restaurant sucks. Well, he didn't think the chicken marsala was very good here. Uh-oh! And usually when big poppa doesn't like a place, we don't tend to go back. The reason that we have gone back is cos they have these appetizer pizza squares that are incredibly GUT! OMGaudy it is delish! We always order the Margherita pizza square. The focaccia-like crust is nice and crunchy with a light brushing of evoo. The tomato sauce is perfect, not too salty. There are five dollops of mozzarella with a couple of basil leaves to finish. Perfection! Other things to try would be the Linguine Diavolo and the Grilled Pork Chop. Other things to not bother trying would be the Cannelloni and Chicken Parmigiano. The good thing about this place is that you order at the counter. You know what that means, no tipping necessary! I'm such a cheapo.
There were lots of chicken/rooster decorations. Since I'm a rooster, I dedicate these next few fotos to it.
The super fantastic margherita pizza squares. It's $2.75 a square. Not cheap at all!
Linguine Diavolo. The sauce is really good. Almost has a hint of Asian seasoning in it.
I had the grilled pork chop. It was slightly over-cooked but still tasty overall. It had a very home cooked feel to it.
The pork chop came with a side of sun-dried tomatoes and this super yummy creamy sauce. I mixed the two together and smothered my pork chop in it. I love creamy sauces.















1 comment:
i absolutely LOVE their lemon roasted chicken. it's my favorite thing on their menu. =D
Post a Comment