808 E 51st Street
Austin, TX 78751
Snow cones are such a great treat to have. However, I don't believe it's something suitable for the summer heat. Sure, it's cold. But it's deceivingly refreshing because of all that syrupy goodness that leaves a coat of stickiness in your mouth. Blah. Casey's New Orleans Snowballs was a short walk from Tamale House so we decided to go treat ourselves to some snowy shaved ice. The type of shaved ice in a snow cone makes a world of a difference. When it's shaved to a snowy and powdery texture, it absorbs the flavor syrup much better and doesn't all sink to the bottom. I got half mango and half cherry. The cherry was good. The mango was gross. Barely any mango flavor. I know it's technically all sugar but the mango one really tasted like liquid sugar. Big poppa didn't want to share with me cos he didn't like any of the flavors I wanted so he got his own. We both only ate maybe half and chunked the rest. Too sweet and it made us incredibly thirsty. We have a snow cone stand in Houston that I've been wanting to try but I'm never really in the mood for it. I think this place has satisfied any snow cone craving I may have had for a good while.
4 weeks ago
















No comments:
Post a Comment