Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trippin': Austin - Tamale House

5003 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78751

For the fourth this year, big poppa and I decided to spend some time in Austin with his good friend Deebo, et al. After canoeing around Lady Bird Lake one morning, I'm an excellent canoer btw, we went off to meet up with other people for some good eats. Deebo told us that EmDee and friends were at some place called Molly's. We were given the address and put it into our GPS. Once in the area, we could not find a place called Molly's. We drove back and forth a couple of times before I saw a place called TAMALE HOUSE and shouted to Deebo who obviously has a hearing problem of some sort if EmDee had meant they were at TAMALE House and not MOLLY'S House. Haha. TaMOLLY. Haha. I think people in Austin find this place really good and authentic otherwise who in the world would make their way to a place with only outside seating. The inside of the restaurant didn't even have a/c or a bathroom where I could wash my grubby hands from canoeing that morning. Gross. I had to rinse my hand in water and rub in a lot of hand sanitizer. Since I'm not a fan of Mexican food, I can only say that my flour soft tacos with chicken were just okay. I realize that through this post alone, I come off as a dainty prissy princess. I think I'm becoming more so with age. I wrinkle my nose at you.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

small world!! i hung out w/ bao-tran, andrew and their kid when we were in austin last time too!