Monday, August 30, 2010

Trippin': New York City - Mad For Chicken

314 5th Ave
New York, NY 10001

Mad For Chicken has the best Korean chicken wings I have ever had. It is one of the few places that I would have to go to every time I visit NYC or any other city that has a franchise. Somebody with cash flow, please open one in Houston. PLEASE! When we got here, the wait was about 45 minutes. Most of the people in our group were already extremely tired from the long day and weren't exactly thrilled about the wait time. I however, although also very tired, was set on staying and eating there, even if it meant some solo dining time. To distract our group, I got a carafe of lychee soju and began encouraging everyone to take shots together. It was a good idea cos by the time we killed it, our table was ready. Yay! The chicken didn't seem as good as the first time I had it, but it was still good enough that I wished we had ordered more since I wasn't completely full. The sacrifices one must make for dining in a big group. Argh. Plus, wolverine picked up the tab so it was a good thing I didn't rack up the bill by ordering more wings. The night before I left the city, I made sure to stop by and order some to take home to big poppa. The myth that the chicken wing stays crunchy and crispy when microwaved and eaten the next day simply did not ring true for us. Big poppa was severely disappointed. It was just a big tease. In reading their description of their highly addictive sauce, it says that their sauce is based primarily on soy sauce, garlic and various fruits. FRUITS? Really?!? OMGawd that is what was missing from my version when I tried to copy cat it at home. That and the fact that I don't know how to deep fry anything.

It's also always really nice to know that restaurants take great care in purchasing quality meats and ingredients to serve their clientele. I can only hope that it's 100% true but here are some facts about the chicken from Mad For Chicken:

1. all vegetable diet
2. raised without antibiotics
3. no animal by-products
4. no growth hormones
5. no hexane gas
6. no preservatives
7. no artificial flavorings
8. no fillers or extenders
9. no hydrogenated oils



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: