Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trippin': Austin - Segway Tour

I can't exactly remember which company we went with but while in Austin, EmDee came up with the idea of taking a segway tour through Austin and it was AMAZINGLY FUN! I was really freaked out about getting onto one of those things cos of the poor balance and clumsiness that I have developed through the years. Even so, I volunteered to go first with the one-on-one training. I tentatively stepped on and with shaky knees, I maneuvered the second generation beast through the parking lot of the Holiday Inn. The only time I screamed no I can't do it was when the tour dood told me to attempt a face plant while on the segway so that I could learn to trust that the segway would not allow me to fall completely forward. I tried it and as soon as the segway started picking up speed, I pulled back and screamed no i can't do it. Tour dood simply shrugged and said well I'm sure you'll be fine. I quickly agreed and slowly guided my segway away from him. Everyone pretty much got the hang of it pretty fast although I was prolly the turtle of the group. I'm really not a speed demon at all and don't care to be. Big poppa of course was his usual self and got yelled at a couple of times for going off where he wasn't supposed to. The only thing that could have made the day better was if it wasn't such a scorcher that day. I also wish I had thot of calling the baby sistar, who was also in Austin that weekend. I'm like a mom to them where I want them to experience everything and I still feel guilty to this day that I forgot to call her. Ugh. I'm gonna spoil my kids I know it. When it was over, my feet were super achy since our feet and knees do a lot of work in controlling the segway. I purposefully watched Paul Blart: The Mall Cop a few days later.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: