Monday, August 30, 2010

Trippin': New York City - Misc Day 1

Kinokuniya Bookstore. I could spend all day in here looking at the different trinkets and t-shirts. Maybe one day I'll actually buy a book.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Violin player in the subway. Which also reminds me of the story where Joshua Bell, a popular virtuoso concert violinist took part in a social experiment conducted by a columnist for The Washington Post. For 45 minutes in a train station, Bell flawlessly played six of the most intricate pieces ever written, on a violin worth millions of dollars. Only seven people stopped to listen out of more than a thousand who walked by. Two days prior, Bell sold out a theater where seats averaged $100 each. With this in mind as I walked past this lady, there was no way I was gonna give her any money since she could possibly be pulling in $100/ticket. Joshua Bell, you have ruined it for the musicians of the subways. Hah! I'm really kidding. Really. I am.

Photobucket


Shopping on 34th Street. When traveling, I normally don't like to do any excessive shopping. It just doesn't make any sense to shop at stores that we already have in Houston. But that's basically what happened, a lot. Even though I was the last person to want to shop, I ended up buying the most.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Pinkberry.

Photobucket

No comments: