Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trippin': Chicago - Tall Ship Windy

After lunch we rushed to get to the Navy Pier so that we wouldn't miss our sail time. We ended up walking a million blocks to get there and made it in the nick of time. Our sailing adventure would take place on a huge sail boat called the Tall Ship Windy which looks almost like a pirate ship. The ship had workers dressed in normal attire, pirate attire and twenties gangster attire. I'm not sure what was going on with the whole gangster thing other than they were selling rum drinks and telling prohibition stories. I can really understand why people love to sail. The weather that day on Lake Michigan was nice and breezy and the gentle lull of the waters was completely relaxing. I just wished there weren't so many other tourists on board! I can't wait to get on a real sailboat one day and just lay out on the deck like a celebrity. But who am I kidding, other than vegging out in front of the telly, I'm not so good at relaxing.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket