Friday, April 18, 2008

Art: Art In The Park

Last weekend, I dragged my co-worker friend lady with me to Midtown's 2nd Annual Art In The Park, which featured non-juried artists along with their creative designs. Located at the Elizabeth Baldwin Park, it's a small fraction in size when compared to the Bayou City Arts Festival. I went thinking that I may possibly purchase something that I couldn't afford. I left as the owner of several items that I'm pretty sure I still can not afford. Oy!




Some cars that are participants in this years Art Car Parade. May 10th! Who will be my buddy that day? We can partake in some togetherness as we admire these kooky kars together. Hmmmm?!?



The most skittish dog ... like ... evar!



The most interesting of trees. I foresee many fun foto taking happenings here in the days/weeks/months to come.



There were a bunch of dudes skillfully applying their on-the-whim graffiti art onto the sides of this building. Don't worry, they had permission! Where are all the female taggers at, yo?



This is one of my faves. In my wildly over-active imagination, this is what takes place in the next few scenes. The tagger looks up from his act of vandilization and notices the popo that just pulled up. The popo looks up at the exact same moment. The tagger drops his can of spray paint and takes off on foot. The popo turns on his sirens. A police chase ensues.



Although I personally didn't observe any female taggers in action, there was this chick hanging around the guys, but I doubt her authenticity as a graffiti artist. She may have just been a heckler from a rival park.



My purchases. Paintings are done by this Filipino dude, Matthew Manalo. The Starry Night drawer is by this lady who I can't remember but I'll update on that later.



Oh yeah. I got engaged!



Sike. In case you weren't capable of extracting the joke from my picture, it didn't really happen. Note to the bf: the size is PURRRRFECT. It's exactly what I've been dreaming about my whole entire life!

No comments: