I used to think that Umbrella song by Rihanna was the most annoying thing on the radio. But after it was covered a hundred different times, it slowly started growing on me. Usually it's the other way around. I like it at first, but then payola sets in and then I really really hate the song. So far, I can say that I actually like all of Ri Ri's radio hits. They're catchy and fun! Anyhow, back to the subject of covers. My fave would have to be the one performed by Marie Digby (pronounced MA-REE-AY). She's half Japanese and half Irish-American AND she can play the piano as well as the guitar. Yay for more Asian musical talent! I tried teaching myself how to play the guitar but I gave up because my fingertips were hurting so bad. I need to roughen them up by plunging my fingers in a pile of gravel Bruce Lee style. 
Marie Digby
Album: Unfold (2008)
Song: Umbrella
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment