Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Shower: Vi & Tory

Another week another baby shower. Or wedding. It's always one of those. Time is flying by so fast and everyone is getting older and ticking off one by one life's checklist. I had dinner with Miss EmMa last night and she was telling me about how her thirty year old friend got 'the talk' from her OB. You know. The one where they freak you out by saying that you should start having kids NOW. Or ELSE. Like chromosomal abnormalities ELSE. Ok. I shouldn't have written that. It's a very scary situation. Sometimes I feel like big poppa and I are the only ones around who don't care to get married. I told EmMa that 98% of me could care less about ever marrying big poppa. We're happy and content with the way things are and don't want to throw down 25K for a wedding. We're cheapos! Plus, for some reason, we still feel incredibly immature to be getting married. Our age say one thing while our personalities reflect the exact opposite. Well, what's the 2% she asks? I want to have kids. I'm nipping at thirty and don't want to not be able to have healthy kids. It sucks being a woman sometimes. Old fogey men can still impregnate women and we're basically shizz outta luck at 35. Somebody got something wrong to have let that happen. Not fair! I don't even care about having kids out of wedlock. But you know. Asian parents. Enough said. But then it's like, how the hell am I gonna be able to go snowboarding every year with a kid? And I'm brought back to reality that I'm not even close to being ready. I still have the world to see. And something else that I want to see if frackin' Mascara's and Transam's little baby girl! I mean. C'mon. You have a six feet white dude with a gorgeous Vietnamese girl. Who wouldn't be anxious to see how beautiful their baby girl is gonna be?!? Since their baby will have a super American/Irish last name, they've been trying to come up with a more ethnic first name for the baby. My contribution was Duong, cos she's so sweet! Haha. I am such a loser! Here are fotos from their shower hosted by Transam's mom and sistar.

Cake, decor and much more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Games. The first few fotos are the parents to be racing to see who could diaper a baby doll the fastest while blind-folded. Transam had a few handicaps such as having the chair turned backwards, his baby was faced down and mom was squirting water in his face cos you know, babies pee sometimes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I must say, per usual, Mascara was very calm, cool and collected.

Photobucket


Transam's baby in the aftermath. He might need a little more practice.

Photobucket

Photobucket


During this game of guess Mascara's preggos waist size, I found out that my current waist size is bigger than her current waist size. Pregnant belly and all! She's so tiny.

Photobucket


Presnts time!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Mascara laughs in the name of safety!

Photobucket


Mom and presents.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love the expressions on their faces. Big poppa is all like P90X SUX! And Jacques is like I know you ain't about to talk shizz about my P90X. Hah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Of course, we gifted the parents-to-be two boxes of diapers and a box of wipes (not shown). Aren't they just a great looking couple!

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

love the decor! they are too cute. ugh i'm so jealous how some girls look like they're not even prego when they're about to pop. i was a freakin whale. hahaha. anyways, if you're happy having a bebe, then have it! so we can have playdates! u can still go snowboarding..we'll take turns watching each other's kiddos. but alot of resorts/vacation spots offer childcare now, bc they are getting a hint that it brings in $$$ if parents can have some fun too.