According to wiki, Oren Lavie is from Tel Aviv, and he is a singer, songwriter, playwright and theatre director. I think he's my new role model. I always dream about writing and singing my own songs. And big poppa and I have discussed the thrill of directing movies. We're very much quite impressionable even at our age. Oren Lavie's video for his song Her Morning Elegance was a youtube sensation and that's how I got hooked. I first saw it on a blogger's page that I frequently admire. I hate it when people use the word stalk! It's annoying. But I guess it is what it is. Hah! I told myself to use the song for my Musik Mundi but things come up and you forget. Thank goodness it was playing while I was on one of my many Berripop runs. Which reminds me, I've got some Berripop in my freezer that I almost forgot about. See how my brain has turned to mush! Frozen yogurt mush! So the cool thing about this video is that he uses that whole stop motion technique. Mind games! It kinda shows you how your brain can fill in the blanks. In almost all of his songs, he mostly uses the piano or guitar for the main melody and fills it in with other string instruments, opting to not use electric instruments. The song is pretty, but it's the video that really makes me like the song.
*photo courtesy of amazon.com*
Oren Lavie
Album: The Opposite Side Of The Sea (2009)
Song: Her Morning Elegance
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
hey mary! cool song and video! :)
here's a link to cafe habana in NY: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&view=text&gl=us&q=cafe+habana&ie=UTF8&hl=en&sll=37.488391,-83.021192&sspn=14.543694,18.053927&latlng=16840147108201522451&ei=p8CKSpCeEpGKsAOb1bD0Dg&cd=1&dtab=5&ct=rp_photo&usq=cafe+habana&cad=11870.com&geocode=FVNhbQIdC_CW-w
when i went that night, the restaurant was crowded, so we ate on the takeout side. it was yum!
Post a Comment