Friday, August 14, 2009

Trippin': Atlanta - Folks Southern Kitchen

Wonder Woman went to Atlanta with her fam right before I went with my fam. She suggested that I might as well try some ATL southern food and I thot, might as well! I looked at Monkhi girls list that she sent to me and I saw that she had written down Folks Southern Kitchen for southern food. So I made everyone go there. Cos I'm the boss! And the ultimate vacay planner. Unfortunately, I'm in this phase where I'm not eating any pork, beef and a lot of seafood so my options are pretty slim. I can't say that will be true in three weeks though. The thing that I ended up ordering was their fried chicken. I want to say that this restaurant was known for the fried chicken but I'm not 100% sure about that. Folks is actually sort of a chain restaurant in Atlanta. They have about eleven locations throughout the greater Atlanta area. I wasn't feeling all too great when we came here to eat so I wasn't taking as much fotos as I usually do. The food here was mediocre. My chicken was a tad dry. Another reason I chose this place was cos it had chicken and dumplings and my big poppa loves chicken and dumplings and if you can remember from previous posts, I am still trying to find a place in Houston that had chicken and dumplings as good as this one place that serves it in Dallas. He didn't like the chicken and dumplings at Folks. The food is so HEAVY. Everyone pretty much knocked out in the car. I wasn't lucky enough cos I had to go with the cousin to get groceries for the next day. One thing is for sure. If I was eating pork, I would have ordered me some pork ribs. They looked GUT!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: