Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trippin': Atlanta - Lake House

Early July fourth morning, everyone piled into the two cars and headed off for the three hour drive to cousin's husband's family lake house in Tennessee. It was such a great day. His family's lake house is equipped with a boat as well as the fun accessories to go along with it like a tube, knee board and wake board. His grandfather on his mom's side built the entire lake house himself. Man! I can't even put together IKEA furniture! We pretty much all went bounding into the boat right when we got there. The first thing that B did was take us this area of the lake where we could climb us the side of the embankment and swing off a rope and into the lake. FUN! It was at this point that I realized the one thing that my sistars and I have in common. We are FEARLESS. Most of the times anyways. They did not hesitate one bit about jumping into the water, scaling the scary cliff and then go flying into the air. Even my cousin D was impressed cos she would never do it. I was a bit nervous. I usually am. The thought of my arms not being strong enough to hold onto the rope until I sail past the embankment always crosses my mind. But we all did it. Next up was knee boarding. My sistars and I were all able to get up and going. By the time the subject of WAKE boarding came up. I was freaking exhausted. And hungry. My arms were shaking with fatigue and I knew there was no way I would even begin to even think that I could possibly hold on to the rope. Sucks biggy cos I really wanted to give a try since I've never wake boarded before. B is an awesome wake boarder. This dude is CAH-RAY-ZEE. For that rope jump thing, he freaking climbed up twice as high as we were to go flying off. And then he would do a bunch of somersaults in the air before landing. He's a really good snowboarder too. So is my cousin. They go into those uncharted territories with all the warning signs. Scary! We almost didn't go to the lake house and I'm glad that we got the chance to be in the water for the fourth. All of us had a lot of fun and were zonked out for the ride home. I felt bad cos we had an early wake up call for the next day.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Rope jump.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Knee boarding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


B on the wakeboard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

oooh fun shots! esp the ones of water.