Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trippin': Atlanta - Georgia Aquarium

The fam and I did a few quite touristy things. That's me. Number one tourist. The first was visiting the Georgia Aquarium, which is supposedly the world's largest aquarium. I don't know why I use the word supposedly. I guess I'm just not a trusting kind of person. Haha. Anyways. I think I ended up enjoying the aquarium a lot more than I thought I would. My thing with aquariums and zoos is that I really hate going to places where animals are locked in and caged up where the horrid human creature goes and slams there hands against the tanks and cages and yells and screams and flashes their camera right into a creatures eyes. Horrible! I hate thinking that I'm encouraging this behavior by purchasing an admittance ticket to things like this. I feel sad to think that I'm disrupting their peace. But I went against my beliefs by taking the whole fam here cos I felt that this would be something they would really enjoy. For thirty-five bucks, you get the premium pass that not only includes general admission, but you also get a ticket to Deepo's Undersea 3D Wondershow (which is really 4D) and Titanic Aquatic. Both were really good and I would recommend seeing both. My favo things about the aquarium were the whale sharks, ginormous sting ray, beluga whales and otters. So cute! Big poppa and I stood around watching the otters and whale sharks go round and round for like thirty minutes. They're just beautiful. The otters kind of reminded me of Neo.


1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

i like aquariums. just something about the underwater life fascinates me. yeah i hear ya about them being caged up. when we went to the zoo last, preston was a prime example of the window-hitting, which we TRIED to keep under control.