Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gastron Om Nom: Chicken Marsala

Big poppa tends to judge how good Italian restaurants are by their chicken marsala. It's one of those dishes that he'll usually order if he sees it on the menu. Knowing how much he likes it I decided to attempt to make it. Actually, I attempted it once about a year ago. It didn't taste anything like chicken marsala. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't all that great. I recently tried it again and I think I made all the same mistakes I made the first time around. Plus, I used dry marsala wine that was a year old. Does that stuff expire?


Photobucket

2 comments:

AntsyMama said...

bill is the SAME way..he'll order it if it's on the menu too. haha. oh, our men..so funny. i haven't attempted to make it bc might as well save it for date night! yours looks good tho!

Nosmo King said...

@ antsymama:

the sauce tasted weird ... so as long as i ate the pasta and the chicken only ... it was not bad ... i just scraped the sauce off ... ugh .. so much work for blah food ...