Montrose Blvd & Bissonnet St
Across the street from MFAH houses an outdoor sculpture garden that is positively peaceful and serene. It would be a great place to have a picnic but I don't think that is allowed since it's still considered museum territory and we need to be respectful of the property. The pictures are a bit bland seeing that there were so many pieces and I simply did not have the stamina to focus on each artwork for as long as I would have liked to. I will mos def be going back for a visit so that I can work on capturing the perfect and unique shot of some of the sculptures. Seattle also has an outdoor sculpture park which is one of the places that I am looking foward to seeing the most. I took photos of most of the sculptures but I may have skipped a few. Enjoy!

David Smith, Two Circle Sentinel
1961
Stainless Steel
Joseph Havel, Exhaling Pearls
1993
Bronze
Auguste Rodin, The Walking Man (L'homme qui marche)
1899-1900/1905 (Cast 1962)
Bronze
Bronze
Emile-Antoine Bourdelle, Adam
1888-1889
Bronze
Bronze
Mimmo Paladino, The Sound of Night (Il Rumore della Notte)
1986
1986
Bronze
Bryan Hunt, Arch Falls
1981
1981
Bronze on Limestone base
DeWitt Godfrey, Untitled
1989
Welded Steel
Tony Cragg, New Forms
1991-92
Bronze
Aristide Maillol, Flora, Nude (La flora, nue)
1910 (Cast 1960-65)
Bronze
Joan Miro, Bird (Oiseau)
1968 (Cast 1981)
Bronze
Jim Love, Can Johnny Come Out and Play?
1990-91
Bronze
Frank Stella, Decanter
1987
Stainless Steel, Bronze and Carbon Steel
Alexander Calder, The Crab
1962
Painted Steel
Henri-Emile-Benoit-Matisse, Back I-IV (Nu de Dos I-IV)
1909, 1913, 1916-17, 1930
Bronze
Ellsworth Kelly, Houston Triptych
1986
Bronze
Marino Marini, The Pilgrim (Il pellegrino)
1939
Bronze
Joel Shapiro, Untitled
1990
Bronze
No Info.
Lucio Fontana, Spatial Concept, Nature Nos. 18 & 28 (Concetto spaziale, natura, n. 18 & 28)
1959-60 (Cast 1965)
Bronze
Alberto Giacometti, Large Standing Woman I (Grande femme debout I)
1960
Bronze
No Info.
























No comments:
Post a Comment