9455 Kempwood Dr., Suite B
Houston, TX 77080
There are two places in Houston that I always go to when I want to eat banh mi (vietnamese sandwiches). One of those places is Royal Tapioca Sandwich. It's pretty far from where I live so I normally visit my other fave, but whenever I'm somewhat in the area, I'll stop by and get some banh mi's to go. I love the french bread that they use. It's slim from end to end and doesn't have that football shape to it so it's easier for me to eat. The only thing that I ever order is the banh mi thit nuong (char-boiled pork). The thit nuong is also not the usual thit nuong that you find at other places, instead, it's more like sauteed pork and it also has a lot of marinaded sauce to it. It's so YUMMY and completely unhealthy because whenever the bf isn't with me, I'll ALWAYS ask for extra vietnamese style butter/mayo in my sandwiches. The butter/mayo is egg yolk based. Not the white part. Just the yellow part. It's pretty gross if you think about it so I just try not to. This place is as hole in the wall as you can get but that's never going to stop me from getting good food. Their tapioca drinks are also not bad. I've never really had a bad drink before but that's because I always order the safe stuff. My favorite is the mango slushy. There's nothing better than artificial mango syrup. SUGAR! Sorry but I have no pics of the banh mi.







No comments:
Post a Comment