Saturday, December 8, 2007

Restaurant: Ba Tho

11778 Bellaire Blvd @ Kirkwood
Houston, TX 77072


I don't want to make this blog all about food, food and more food, but going out to eat is a favorite past time of mine if you can call it that. The bf and I go out to eat. A LOT. We prefer asian food over anything else.

This Ba Tho place used to be over in downtown on Fannin and my family and I were frequent visitors there. They moved their location over to the Bellaire area a while back and I really don't think the new location is doing that well compared to when it was in downtown. I remember eating at the downtown location one time and running into one of my high school math teachers. WEIRD!

Their specialty is banh cuon. A vietnamese dish that features a rice-flour like crepe filled with your choice of meat. The only ones I ever order is either the ground pork or the thit nuong. It also comes with fried onion, bean sprouts, cilantro and a couple of pieces of vietnamese ham/sausage (cha lua). You pour fish sauce over everything and YUMS! i LOOOOVVEEEE nuoc mam. Best VN sauce EVAR!




SRIRACHA sauce ... asians don't leave home without it.

No comments: