I'm so glad I decided to go to the Marie Digby concert at the Meridian. It was almost looking like a no-go for a moment because I couldn't find people to go with me but thanks to the always dependable music/concert lover/enthusiast EmMa for stepping up to the plate. She turned the luck and a couple of more folks decided that they also wanted to go. So yipee! Marie is such a great live performer and her voice is just crystal clear! But there was no doubt that she would be great because all her youtube videos were all also done live. When she sang my favorite songs, I would just close my eyes and sway along. She was just mesmerizing! She is pure amazing talent as she switches from the geetar and the keyboard. She performed each song with such fervor that it is impossible to not get into it. Concerts like these is the best because since the artist is still new, you get to have a more intimate setting in a smaller venue. Good for me, sucks for her. If she ever blows up, I don't see myself going to another concert. I literally squeezed myself in this nook that was between this column and a speaker and I was right at the stage! The bf freakin' wanted to show me something so when I moved from my spot, this stoopid girl went and took it for herself. I how I LOATHE her. But my camera buddy and I decided to go to the side of the small stage where no one else was at and kept it to ourselves. So there! That's how intimate it was. Plus, it was father's day and a Sunday so the crowd wasn't exactly huge. The opener was Justin Nozuka who is comparable to John Mayer. He was really good and frackin' adorable! My friend EmMa just fell in love with him and was all giddy like a school girl when we met and took pictures with him. Everyone had a super duper time and it was mos def well worth it!
Paid Sucka!
Red room at the Meridian. Which was craptastically hot might I add. I hate places that are scheisty with the a/c.
Look at the guy's face! It's super red. My face was red too. I think cos it was so hot! And we were drinking a bit.
Look ma! I shaved my pits!
Justin Nozuka doing his thang. He's also half Jap and half white. What's up with all these Jap/White hybrids?!?
Justin had Marie come out to help with some background vocals on one song. It was great! She was literally right in front of me! And only me! I was less than arm's length from her but I'm not one of those crazy fans who reach out and try to touch them and stuff. That's weird! I didn't get great photos since she was standing so darn close. I didn't want to have the camera flash her right in the face. So blurry fotos you will get. But lookee at how close I was!
Posin' with the Nozuka. He's not a very photogenic person.
Marie's turn to rock the stage!
I seriously was loving her hat and her boots. So cool! I'm gonna go out and find some for myself. I'm such a wanna-be!
It was really difficult to get pictures just because they supposedly didn't allow flash but people were doing it anyway. I don't like using flash when people are performing just out of respect. Plus, they had these red filters over the lights and red is such a horrible color when it comes to taking fotos. I hate it! It really ruins the output. So a majority of my pics were crap. But my camera buddy Chuck took some amazing pictures with his Nikon D3. In case you didn't know, it runs at around 5G's. It takes 9 frames per second as opposed to my lousy 3 fps. That beast fires off like a machine gun. It's so great that it doesn't come with a flash because it takes such awesome photos under low light conditions. He let me use it once when I went to take a photo for him and Marie. I love it! But I can't afford it. He graciously offered to let me have some of the pics. Yayuh!
We all got the same Marie Digby shirt.
Posin' with Miss Marie. She is so frackin' CUTE!
The bf and Marie are old pals. Hah!





































3 comments:
man so cavy told me about her comin to houston and sure enough i was goin to san diego the weekened she was in. sure enough when i LEFT san diego, she was performing there. just my luck. she's shmackin cute...haha
at least she's still on youtube.
she's so cute! i like her music but i was a good daughter and did stuff w/ my papa on that day. hahaha. not to say you're a bad one. =P anyways, you looks so HAWT AND TAN!! *sizzle* (and i don't mean hot from the lack of A/C either.)
@zoobz:
maybe next time. and we can drag monkhi girl along. make sure you bring some of that san diego weather back to houston!
@antsy_lily:
i'm loving the tan. makes my arms appear smaller. but i like my red face more! hope u and fam are super!
Post a Comment