Lance Ringnald was once an Olympic gymnast who competed on the men's US team at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. He was an alternate member at the 1992 Barcelona games. Since then, he has decided to work as an entertainer and performs on cruises as well as other events. This guy is awesome. Not only did he maintain his fitness and form, he has also taught himself the piano and is a pretty funny guy. He has such a great sense of humor and is just all around good natured. He did some crazy stunts on silks and would just hang around while telling the audience stories and anecdotes. At one point he jumped on the piano and starting playing and singing. Can you say all around perfect guy?!? Get it? All around? I wonder how he gets from ship to ship? Anyhoo. It was mos def a very enjoyable performance. Bravo!
Sorta off topic. For some reason, the co-worker buddies at work and I found ourselves talking about what has happened to some of the past gymnasts. And so as I was looking up stuff on Lance, I also looked up some info on two female gymnasts that I used to like who were called the 'Magnificent 7' from the 1996 Atlanta games.
Dominique Moceanu: Married to a doctor with child and has gymnastic camps.
Amy Chow: Not only was she a gymnast, she also was a diver and pole vaulter in high school/college. She is considered a high level pianist. She got her Biology degree at Stanford, graduated from Stanford medical school and is now a pediatrician. Seriously. Can you say over-achiever?!?
The things a gymnast must sacrifice for the sake of craft. Height. But bf isn't a gymanst. Hah!
I made a point to compliment Lance's sandals.
All crew members who were free at the moment came out on stage to bid us farewell.








No comments:
Post a Comment