Thursday, June 5, 2008

Placenter: Domy Books

Domy Books
1709 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77098

Thingits. A place where you can get some wonderful and super cute thingits! Domy has been called a playground for adults and I totalitarianly agree! It has books related to art and photography but I went there for the toys because I've been having this fascination with Tokidoki and Kidrobot related vinyl knickknack's and patty wack's. You could get lost in there for hours examining every little fine detail of the small store. The workers there are really nice and were cool with me snapping away. The place has been here for two years I think? Yet this is the first time I went in. I've been to Cafe Brasil which is to the immediate left and also to Cutloose which is to the immediate right. So it's right smack dab in the middle of these two popular haunts and it some how literally becomes invisible. The owner(s) of Cafe Brasil is/are also the proprietor(s) of this cool place. What frackin' smart and creative business persons those folks are. Ugh. I'm filled with envy. Anyhoo. After a good thirty to forty minutes of leaving my fingerprints on everything, we had a bill that totalled over a hundred bucks. Not cool! Oh but toys are so cool indeedy! Good thing the bf had a $100 GC that he was so kind to spend on me. BF: stop reading here. STOP IT NOW! He really is the best and I should spoil him more. BF: continue reading from here. Kidrobot currently has a series of French dunny's. Each one is designed by a different French artist and me thinks there are at least 18 or so. Neato! I love them. They're so cute. They come in blind boxes which means you have no idears which one you're gonna get and which also means that you could end up getting the same one over and over again. That really sucks! But I don't intend to try to collect them all because that could just become really dangerous. I will give you an example. While we were checking out, this geeky asian guy who made it be known to all that he is a dunny collector and that he was just missing two went and purchased two blind boxes. He rips open both. He already has both. Hysterics ensues. That won't be me. I won't let that happen. My friend and I were both fortunate enough to come out with different ones. I can't wait to go back. I suggested to the people at the store that they should order the Momiji Message Dolls. They are just the most PRECIOUS Japanese influenced dolls/figurines that also acts as a message holder-ma-jig. It made my heart flutter when I first laid eyes on them!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now my purchases! I had my Domo sitting comfortably on my bookshelf in the morning when I left for work. When I came home, the bf had moved him on top of my van Gogh dresser that was by the window.

Photobucket


But I moved Domo back to the bookshelf because I didn't want him suffering from any sun damage.

Photobucket


Tokidoki's Carina and Adios (the jabbawockee!) and French Dunny's by Tizieu, Nasty, Secretlab and Der. I think I will prolly buy a few more. Maybe I'll stop when I get the first duplicate.

Photobucket


Here is a Momiji doll from Generation 4. I like how she has the traditional jap look. My fave part is how her kimono has a target-like pattern because I love shopping at Target! She's called 'funny girl' and her description says, "funny girl, you make it sunny girl". Loves it!
*photo courtesy of momijishop.com*



This one is named 'kitty' for obvious reasons. She's so adorable! I love how they come in those tin cans like the band-aid containers. She's from the designer collection and her designer is Joanna Zhou.
*photo courtesy of momijishop.com*



So this doesn't really have anything to do with Domy or vinyl toys but since I'm to lazy to create a separate post for it I'm just gonna stick it here. You are reading the blog of a gal who has all the American Idol toys! Yayuh! The bf knows people in the right places. Haha! We had a little argument and he came home with this:

Photobucket


And all was right again!

Photobucket


At the beginning of this post, I wasn't feeling the motivation to write anything and was intending to just post pics. But look what happened!

No comments: