Key West was disappointing. Good thing I didn't have my hopes up on this port. A colleague of the bf mentioned that he visited there before and it wasn't so great. The beach was lacking. Was there even a beach? We did a lot of walking around and visited some of the places that the ship recommended. There's this shopping deal that cruise ships have with certain shore merchants. The cruise sells the store, and the store gives cruise guests free useless junk/crap. One thing for sure is that there is mos def no shortage of souvenirs. That's what vacation spots have turned into. A tourism trap. Any history that Key West has is drowned out by endless rows of stores selling low grade shirts that says "Born to Be Wild In Key West". Even with all those darn cheap novelty gifts everywhere, it still took me forever to find a picture frame magnet. I know. I'm a sucker for souvenirs. Only because I try to get a picture frame magnet from all the cities that the bf and I visit together. I'm full of rotten cheese! That and the sistars expect key chains. Sometimes I wish I didn't have sisters. Just kidding! Or am I? A hot spot would be the "Southern Most Point" of the US. It's this big stump of painted concrete bearing those very words. It's a good fifteen minute walk from the main shopping area. It was so hot and it almost didn't seem worth it to go that far out of the way to see the stump. But you know, it's an attraction and I hate not checking out things like that. It's like going to Beijing and going to see the Great Wall. Yes. In Key West, the SMP is the city's Great Wall. Maybe but not really. There's also the Hemingway House, but that's for another entry. On a more sad note, the forgetful person that I am ended up leaving my big floppy hat somewhere. Booo! The bf hates that about me because I tend to bring and carry a bunch of stuff with me everywhere I go. And there's always a good chance that I will end up losing something. See, that's why I need a personal assistant. Stat! Something else we came upon more often than not: Chickens and roosters. I hope they weren't sacrificial. Sacrilege!
As we were waiting in line to board the ship, we looked up and saw that the sun had this awesome halo around it. Coolio!



























No comments:
Post a Comment