Friday, February 11, 2011

Restaurant: Backstreet Cafe

1103 S Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77019

A couple of months before these crazy ice storms rolled thru houston, we actually had some really nice weather. Big poppa and I decided to double date with lengua and endo and I picked Backstreet Cafe so that we could dine alfresco and enjoy the weather. The patio in the back looks so pretty and super romantic with the small fountain in the middle surrounded by trees strung with lights. The food here was all pretty good. I wouldn't say that I would come back for the food, but I would mos def come back just to dine out in the back. Our waiter picked the best pinot noir that I have ever had. I don't like wine so that's saying a lot! Wish I remembered to take a foto of the bottle.

*food in order of appearance*
grilled flatbread
lump crab cakes
shellfish risotto
slow braised short ribs
seasonal spiny lobster
grilled pork chop
macaroni and cheese



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: