Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Placenter: Teahouse

11201 Bellaire Blvd. #A-13
Houston, Texas 77072

2089 Westheimer @ Shepherd
Houston, Texas 77098

UHD 104 Main @ Commerce

Bellaire @ Ranchester


Teahouse is my absolute fave "tapioca" drink place. I used to hang out with my friends at the Westheimer location all the time. They have all types of different board games and cards and best of all, they offer FREE WI-FI!!! Screw you T-Mobile hotspot! ... Many students use this as a place to study, although I don't see how since there are so many distractions lurking in every corner. There are a bunch of couches and tables and unlike some places, the workers here don't mind if you loiter around all day, even if there are 5 people in your group and only one person bought a drink, 3 hours ago. HAH! But seriously, the people here are incredibly nice. My two drinks of choice is either the cream tea with almond pudding or vanilla cappuccino with coffee jelly. I'm not a big fan of tapioca. The cream tea is basically black tea with coffee creamer and the black tea is strong enough to keep me awake through out the night if I drink it late enough. Make sure to order it "less sugar" or else it may be too sweet. The vanilla cappuccino is frozen and also pretty strong, but I'm weak sauce so everything is too strong for me. The bf likes their honeydew smoothie with tapioca. They recently started back up the punch cards where you get a free drink for every 10 drinks that you buy. It's worth it for me since I go so much. The Teahouse business is doing so well that they just opened up their FOURTH location. For the month of December, they are currently having a grand opening special: buy one get one free! So I hung out at the new place this weekend to check things out. It has this futuristic vibe to it because everything is stainless steel.

On another note, I must say I'm getting better at accepting weird looks from strangers as I take their pictures without their permission. I'm always afraid they're going to see me and then march up to me and throw a fit. But the most I've gotten is a curious glance my way, and then the person will turn back to their business.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I checked this morning and this blog wasn't here. That means, you no longer wait til evening to update your blog.

I love Teahouse! I went to the new one and took pictures too.