Monday, February 25, 2008

Musik Mundi: The Perishers

I super duper really LOVE The Perishers. They're a Swedish indie-rock band whose music has been featured in a bevy of T.V. shows and commercials. I was first introduced to their music when a friend of mine told me to visit one of his web-blogs and he had Sway playing in the background. I was instantly hooked and had it on repeat for weeks. That was 2-3 years ago. Lately, I've had Come Out of the Shade playing over and over again in my car, in my room and on my ipod. It's such calming and relaxing music. I find the lead singers' voice to have this incredibly soothing effect on me. I don't even know what the lyrics are about but I'm sure it's either about perfect love, unrequited love, please forgive me love, let's get back together love or even let's be more than friends love. Their songs are bound to influence many spontaneous slow dancing moments among couples. You might recognize Heart from the Saturn car commercials. I'm sometimes shocked that more people aren't familiar with the group. They deserve and need major recognition for their wonderful music. Those Swedes got the coolest names!

Ola Kluft - vocals, guitar
Martin Gustafson - keyboard, backing vocals
Pehr Astrom - bass
Thomas Hedlund - drums

*photos courtesy of amazon.com*


The Perishers
Album: Let There Be Morning (2005)
Song Title: Sway
Song Title: Heart




The Perishers
Album: Victorious (2007)
Song Title: Come Out of the Shade


No comments: